7 Reasons to Visit Blackpool in 2015
You need reasons?! Blackpool has been a family favourite for many years, but if you want to know more about Blackpool Tower, Pleasure Beach and the rest, this is the blog for you!
As Stanley Travel has provided coach holidays for many years to Blackpool, we wanted to share our favourite things about the seaside town and how YOUR holiday can be the best with our must-sees and the experiences you cannot miss!
Of course, there are some fairly obvious attractions in the coastal town, but we’ll do our best to provide the ultimate whistle-stop tour for all the family!
- Live on the edge and brave the white knuckle rides – Pleasure Beach
With 6 acres of white knuckle rides, family rides and the UK’s only Nickelodeon Land, filled with a merchandise shop and rides featuring characters like SpongeBob Squarepants and Dora the Explorer, there is fun for everyone!
Of course, there are also shows* through the year including the likes of medium, Derek Acorah and many opportunities to grab a bite from lots of eateries.
So, will we find you on the Grand National or the Big One…?
- See a show or the sights at Blackpool Tower
At 518ft tall and built in 1894, Blackpool Tower is the epitome of this seaside town, filled with activities ranging from Jungle Jim’s indoor adventure playground to the classic Blackpool Tower Ballroom. With so much going on in this one structure you may struggle to see the rest of the sights!
Don’t forget the tower has just celebrated an incredible achievement with its 120th birthday in 2014 too!
- Visit the animals of the water world – Sea Life Centre
Let the kids – and the grownups – ooh and ahh at the wonderful sights of over 2,000 creatures at Blackpool’s Sea Life Centre.
Whether it’s spotting the world’s largest crab – he’s 9ft! –or snorkelling with the sharks, there is something for everyone.
- Meet the stars – or their wax works – at Madame Tussaud’s
Everyone would love to say they’ve met The Queen, The Beatles, Michael Jackson or David Beckham, so why not say it!
Madame Tussaud’s at Blackpool features many figures from crime dramas, football, comedy and even animated characters like Shrek! With great deals on tickets too there is plenty to be seen and photographed here!
- Pretend to be a giant at Blackpool Model Village!
It’s pretty surreal to walk through these fantastic gardens filled with scenes that range from a Scottish Castle to a model railway across 2½ acres of land, so why not pretend you’re a giant!?
With the kids discovering the tiny model characters in church settings, on bowling greens and so much more, there is lots of fun for the family in a peaceful setting – perfect for the adults too!
- No holiday is complete without swimming – Sandcastle Waterpark
With more than 18 slides and attractions which include water chutes, a lazy river, slides and a wave machine there is something for everyone at Sandcastle Waterpark!
Perfect for UK summer holidays with the children or for the adults that just want to have a quick dip, this waterpark, opposite the Pleasure Beach, caters for everyone and can provide endless fun.
- Enjoy being at the seaside – The Golden Mile
Let’s go back to classic family fun with The Golden Mile, a stretch of promenade dating back to the 19th century. It famously runs between Blackpool’s north and south piers and has evolved over the decades to become a hive of entertainment, lights and activities. Whether it is penny arcades, ice cream, night clubs or the Blackpool Illuminations (August – November) you’re after, there is something for everyone!
Don’t forget the beach too! Go on, be brave and dip your toes!
Other activities worth exploring:
- Blackpool Zoo and Dinosaur World: There are more than 1500 animals to be enjoyed at the zoo, as well as the opportunity to go on a Dinosaur Safari (at Dinosaur World) featuring 30 prehistoric creatures too – a great day out at both parks! (See Blackpool Zoo website)
- Stanley Park: With activities for children of all ages including zip wires, crazy golf, a BMX park, trampolines and playground apparatus there is plenty to do and it also has picnic benches and a café! (See website)
- Blackpool Tramway: it should probably be made into law that if you visit Blackpool you MUST ride a tram. They’re so unique to the town and ideally placed for getting to and from the majority of the major Blackpool attractions too! With modern trams, older trams and ones that light up at night, it’s a novelty for all of the family (and the #1 rated activity on TripAdvisor)! (See website)
- Impact Blackpool: Up for some fun and getting messy? This is the only paintballing site within 20 miles of Blackpool and also includes archery, human table football and air rifle shooting too. If you want a memorable and active day out, Impact Blackpool might be for you! (See website)
If you have visited Blackpool with Stanley Travel we’d love to hear your feedback and see photographs at @stanley_travel.
- Shows and certain attractions or events may not be available during our Stanley Travel trip. Please check with attraction operators.
- Find out about prices for Blackpool holidays throughout June, July, August, September and October, by picking up one of our brochures or calling 0107 2374224 for enquires and to book.
- NEW FOR 2015: Book online via our Holidays section, including secure log-ins and various payment methods. Book now!