Bonfire Night 2016 in the North East
Enjoy Bonfire Night festivities in a safe and enjoyable environment with one of the region’s scheduled events on Bonfire Night weekend.
Remember the top safety tips for Bonfire Night 2016 when either organising your own event or attending an organised display.
Please take care to follow basic rules should you be celebrating Bonfire Night on your own [Source: Fireworks.co.uk]:
- Keep fireworks in a closed box
- Follow the instructions on each firework
- Light all fireworks at arm’s length
- Stand well back from fireworks
- Never go back to a lit firework
- Never put fireworks in your pocket
- Never throw fireworks
- Keep pets indoors during bonfire night (further guidance is also advised for those with pets)
- Always supervise children with sparklers
- Teach children to hold the sparkler at arm’s length, but not near anyone else
- Sparklers are not for those under five years old
- Have a container of water handy, big enough for the spent sparkler. Dump the sparkler in it as soon as it goes out.
Saturday 5th November, Stockton Riverside, Stockton
This year’s theme is Lost Legends, which celebrates the lives of music and screen legends that we’ve lost over the last twelve months. Celebrations begin at 6pm and the fireworks display start at 7.30pm.
- More information: https://events.stockton.gov.uk/stockton-events/
Sunday 6th November, Hardwick Hall Hotel, Sedgefield
Wrap up warm and prepare to be dazzled by the Fireworks Extravaganza organised at Hardwick Hall Hotel on Sunday 6th November! It costs only £4 per adult and under 12s go free. There will also be various stalls and rides for additional entertainment.
- More information: http://www.hardwickhallhotel.co.uk/events-en.html
Sunday 6th November, Riverside Fireworks, Chester-le-Street
A 25-minute, superhero-themed fireworks’ display, all choreographed to music. The full evening of entertainment will also include a funfair, live music, food and refreshments, plus a superhero fancy dress competition!
- More information: http://www.riversidefireworks.co.uk/
- Saturday 5th November: Saltwell Park, Gateshead
- Thursday 3rd November: Segedumum, Roman Fort, North Tyneside
- Sunday 6th November: Whitley Bay, The Links, North Tyneside
- Sunday 6th November: Ocean Beach, South Tyneside