Coach Trips to Blackpool in 2017 with Stanley Travel
Blackpool remains one of Britain’s favourite seaside destinations and there’s something for everyone all year round, which is why we’ve organised a number of visits for the year ahead.
There is no need to explain all that’s great and good about Blackpool, but here’s a quick rundown to get you in the seaside spirit, before booking your upcoming holiday.
- Blackpool Illuminations comprises of an amazing one million lamps in various types and styles, altogether costing £2.4 million to stage (Source: Marketing Lancashire)
- A total of 45 staff, including artists, electricians, joiners, mechanics, painters and engineers work all year round to ensure the displays are ready on time (Source: Blackpool Illuminations)
- Multi-million pound lottery winners choose Blackpool as their favourite over any other British destination (Source: Marketing Lancashire / Camelot)
- Local delicacies include Fish & Chips, the Lancashire Hot Pot and Seaside Rock (Source: Essential Travel Guide)
- The lifts in iconic Blackpool Tower travel 3,500 miles every year (Source: Marketing Lancashire)
- It takes a total of 7 years to paint the full Blackpool Tower from top to bottom (Source: Marketing Lancashire)
- Famous attractions in Blackpool include the Pleasure Beach, Blackpool Illuminations, Blackpool Tower, the Sea Life Centre and Madame Tussauds (Source: Essential Travel Guide)
- The Pleasure Beach, Blackpool’s funfair, attracts over 7.8 million visitors each year, making it one of the UK’s top visitor attractions (Source: Marketing Lancashire)
- The cable and wiring for the Blackpool Illuminations stretches across more than 200 miles and there are approximately 5000 floodlights and spotlights (Source: Blackpool Illuminations)
- The Big One (formerly known as The Pepsi Max) at Blackpool Pleasure Beach opened in 1994 and at 235ft high it is the tallest rollercoaster in the UK, as well as travelling at 85mph making it the fastest roller coaster in the UK. (Source: Marketing Lancashire)
Enjoy a holiday to Blackpool on various dates throughout 2017 with Stanley Travel
On each trip there will be a selection of hotels to choose from, including The Georgian Hollies, The Roselea Hotel and The Kirkstall Hotel.
Every holiday includes Door to Door transport (within a certain radius) and home pickups can also be arranged for a supplement outside the radius.
Find out more about our various trips to Blackpool, by visiting the following links:
- Blackpool: May 29th 2017 – 5 days (Find out more)
- Blackpool: July 24th 2017 – 5 days (Find out more)
- Blackpool: August 14th 2017 – 5 days (Find out more)
- Blackpool: September 11th 2017 – 5 days (Find out more)
- Blackpool: October 6th 2017 – 5 days (Find out more)
Come along and visit Blackpool, with Stanley Travel throughout 2017. To book please visit the Great British Holidays page.