Destination Review: Blackpool (Avail. June – October)
For over 20 years, our clients have enjoyed the ever-popular sights and sounds of Blackpool, which is why Stanley Travel continues to offer regular holiday trips to the seaside town…
Choose from the Golden Mile, three Piers, Pleasure Beach, Stanley Zoo and Gardens or the endless shops, arcades, Blackpool Tower and many spectacular summer shows – there is something for everyone!
Half board prices start from £179, but depend on time of year and room choice.
Fun Facts about Blackpool
- Population of 140,000. [Source: Essential Travel Guide]
- Local foods synonymous with area include, Fish and Chips, Lancashire Hot Pots and Seaside Rock. [Source: Essential Travel Guide]
- Popular attractions include Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Blackpool Zoo, Madame Tussauds Blackpool, Blackpool Tower and the Sea Life Centre. [Source: Essential Travel Guide]
- Blackpool Illuminations comprise an amazing one million lamps in various types and styles and cost £2.4 million to stage. [Source: Marketing Lancashire]
- It takes 7 years to paint Blackpool Tower from top to bottom and the tower’s lifts travel 3,500 miles every year. [Source: Marketing Lancashire]
- The Pepsi Max opened in 1994. At 235ft high it is the tallest rollercoaster in Europe. It is just over a mile in length and reaches 85 mph, making it the fastest roller coaster in Europe. [Source: Marketing Lancashire]
If you have visited Blackpool with Stanley Travel we’d love to hear your feedback and see photographs at @stanley_travel.