Destination Review: Great Yarmouth
As East Anglia’s number one seaside resort, Great Yarmouth caters for many tastes, whether it’s the beach, entertainment, shops or family friendly attractions – there is something for everyone!
Stanley Travel has long been a fan of Great Yarmouth and its charming seaside and our many return customers agree it has got something for everybody!
With the long stretch of sandy beaches and usual seaside treats like ice cream and arcades on offer, there are also many more tourist attractions and events to keep everyone from every generation happy.
Our favourite attractions include the model village, Pleasure Beach and the Sealife Centre. Luckily for you, our 5 day trip to Great Yarmouth, departing on May 25 includes time for all of that and more!
Staying in The Royal Hotel, on the Marine Parade, you and your group will enjoy a seafront location within walking distance from the town centre and the hotel even boasts once hosting an incredibly famous visitor!
Charles Dickens himself stayed at The Royal Hotel (many moons ago) and even wrote the novel, David Copperfield during his stay!
Not only will we provide you with this great accommodation and transport to and from the hotel, we have also included the following excursions during your trip:
- A full day to Norwich: One of Great Yarmouth’s most beautiful cities, with a medieval street plan, notable buildings and an impressive cathedral AND a Norman Castle.
- Full day tour to Lowestoft and Suffolk villages: With a famous fishing port and harbour, once used by cruising yachts, as well as a sandy beach and two piers, you will enjoy the scenic and peaceful village atmosphere, before returning to Great Yarmouth.
Facts about Great Yarmouth
- The discovery of oil in the North Sea in the 1960s led to a flourishing oil rig supply industry, and today it services offshore natural gas rigs. [Source]
- Charles Dickens used Yarmouth as a key location in his novel David Copperfield and described the town as “the finest place in the universe”. [Source]
- Current and previous residents of notable fame include Hannah Spearitt from S Club 7, actor Jason Statham and Vice-Admiral The Right Honourable Horatio Nelson who died while serving the Royal Navy in the Battle of Trafalgar. [Source]
- You can go seal spotting via boat to Scroby Sands! [Source]
- It was officially recorded as the first home to a speed camera in the UK. [Source]
On the other hand, if you’ve been on a Stanley Travel trip before, we’d love to see your photos! Tweet us at @stanley_travel today!