Following our recent application to take part in the Earned Recognition concept pilot and the
subsequent audit carried out by Lloyd Morgan Ltd, Stanley Travel are delighted to be able to
confirm our acceptance on to the DVSA Earned Recognition pilot scheme.
What is the Earned Recognition pilot?
The DVSA is exploring the introduction of an Earned Recognition scheme. Before a final
decision is made on the viability of such a scheme, it must be piloted to test the concept, the
policies and processes that will support such a scheme. Operators wishing to be considered
for the pilot phase should note that it is a voluntary scheme for holders of a PSV operator’s
licence who can demonstrate a strong track record of compliance and adherence to
standards. Operators must be able to show that they have robust systems and processes
that promote effective and proactive
transport management. Operators, who successfully meet the standards of the pilot phase,
will become accredited operators if the scheme is approved and launched.
The operator must have held an operator’s licence for a minimum of 2 years before an
application to join the DVSA Earned Recognition Scheme can be made.
The Operator must have an electronic management system for maintenance and fully
electronic management system for drivers’ hours that will alert the operator and DVSA of
The Earned Recognition pilot phase is open to all GB operator licence holders who meet the
- The Operator must have an electronic management system for maintenance and
fully electronic management system for drivers’ hours that will alert the operator and
DVSA of compliance issues.
- Able to meet the Scheme standards with no regulatory action by a Traffic
Commissioner for at least 2 years other than warnings.
After the Pilot
Now we have a place on the DVSA earned recognition scheme, we will:
- be an exemplary operator, and be able to prove this when we bid for contracts.
- be less likely to have our vehicles stopped at the roadside for inspections.
- be less likely to have DVSA enforcement staff visit our premises.
- be able to use the DVSA earned recognition marque on our website and other publicity
materials (but not on vehicles).
- be recognised as a DVSA-approved operator on a list on GOV.UK
- have direct access to a DVSA earned recognition business manager.