Get your flip flops on! Our Summer Bank Holiday day trip to Scarborough is guaranteed to be a huge one!
Known as Britain’s first seaside resort, Scarborough has been welcoming guests to its sandy beach for nearly 400 years.
Despite the ever increasing popularity in holidays abroad, it has remained a family favourite for UK families and we northerners, particularly, make the most of its donkey rides, arcades, fish and chips and ice cream!
With two safe, sandy beaches on the North Bay and South Bay broken by a rocky headland covered by the medieval castle, there is plenty to see, do and enjoy in Scarborough!
Not only are there the typical seaside family favourites, you can also come along with Stanley Travel and explore further into the town, including its many attractions.
Some of the most popular attractions and events include the award winning Sea Life Marine Sanctuary, the Kinderland children’s fun park and Scarborough Art Gallery.
Facts about Scarborough
- With a population of just over 61,000, Scarborough is the largest holiday resort on the Yorkshire coast. [Source]
- The 100 year old Peasholm Park has a boating lake and you can hire boats including ones designed as swans to enjoy the water. [Source]
- There are blue plaques around the town including ones celebrating Anne Bronte, Wilfred Owen the poet and the birth place of Charles Laughton the actor amongst others. [Source]
- In 1914, German warships shelled the castle Keep and curtain walls and in the town 19 people were killed. [Source]
- The W Boyes & Co discount department store chain originated in Eastfield, on the outskirts of Scabrorough. Its flagship store is in Queen Street. [Source]
If you would like to come along to Scarborough for what we hope to be a sizzling summer’s day, then use the information below!
On the other hand, if you’ve been on a Stanley Travel trip before, we’d love to see your photos! Tweet us at @stanley_travel today!