First Dance Inspiration for Your Wedding
The first dance. Potentially one of the most daunting things, second to the speeches and choosing a wedding dress and committing yourself to another for the rest of your life…
OK, a lot of things about weddings are daunting. First dances should really be pretty easy – a shuffle across the dancefloor, a smooch and you’re done!
However, in the age of YouTube and viral videos, some people have gone way overboard to ensure their first dance is one to remember – and one that yours must stand up to!
Additionally, a lot of couples are taking dance lessons to make sure their first dance is probably the best they’ve danced in their lives!
Here are a selection of our favourite viral wedding first dances…
7 of the best Viral Wedding First Dance Videos
Greatest Father Daughter Dance Medley Ever!
This Dad definitely knows how to work the dancefloor, in this medley of disco and dance classics!
Surprise Wedding Dance “What Makes You Beautiful” One Direction
The groom and a young boy (perhaps their son) do an adorable routine for the bride.
BEST WEDDING DANCE EVER!!! Surprise First Dance: You’re the one that I want!
Including a very enthusiastic groom and party classics including the YMCA. Worth a watch as it’s probably one of the first of its kind, filmed in 2007.
The Most Amazing Mother Son Wedding Dance Ever!!!!!
This mother and son video is a must watch, not least because of the enthusiasm shared by them both!
Dirty Dancing Wedding Dance – WITH THE ACTUAL LIFT!!
Of course, this is included because of the lift, but it’s worth watching – there’s more than one attempt!
Bride puts a spell on her magician groom during first dance
A must watch with a magical ending!
What 7 Brothers Did For Their Sister – Epic Dance
If you have lots of siblings, this might be the wedding dance route to take…!
The Most Popular First Dance Wedding Songs
As listed on Wedj.com, the event search engine.
- John Legend – All of Me (2013)
- Eric Clapton – Wonderful Tonight (1978)
- Frank Sinatra – The Way You Look Tonight (1964)
- Etta James – At Last (1961)
- Train – Marry Me (2010)
- Bruno Mars – Marry You (2011)
- Louis Armstrong – What A Wonderful World (1967)
- Elvis Presley with The Jordanaires – Can’t Help Falling in Love (1961)
- Christina Perri – A Thousand Years (2011)
- Jason Mraz – I’m Yours (2008)
- Blake Shelton – God Gave Me You (2011)
- Aerosmith – I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing (1998)
- Bruno Mars – Just The Way You Are (2010)
- Michael Buble – Everything (2007)
- Lonestar – Amazed (1999)
- Righteous Brothers – Unchained Melody (1965)
- Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – I’ve Had The Time Of My Life (1987)
- Lumineers – Ho Hey (2012)
- Rascal Flatts – Bless The Broken Road (2004)
- Tim McGraw with Faith Hill – It’s Your Love (1997)
Full list available: https://www.wedj.com/dj-photo-video.nsf/firstdance.html
Considering Stanley Travel as your wedding transportation provider?
We provide Mercedes and Range Rover vehicles, dressed in ribbons and bows, for the bride and father of the bride and bride & groom. You can also be sure that your guests arrive safely and in comfort, with our executive coaches for the remainder of the wedding party, with coaches ranging from 16-72 seats.
If you would like to contact us about your specific requirements for wedding transportation, don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 01207 237 424.
- Stanley Travel provides executive vehicles for various events and aims to cater to your specific requirements, so whatever the query, don’t be afraid to ask on 01207 237 424.