Kelso: Massed Pipe Bands Day, 30th August
Floors Castle has been home to the Dukes of Roxburghe since 1721 and it provides a fun and traditional historic look at Scottish heritage.
This well-established event was put in place by the present Duke’s father who decided to use the impressive setting of Floors Castle for an evocative backdrop for such an event.
Bands from all over the Scottish Boarders have played music which has been passed down through the centuries.
As well as the fantastic music and obvious heritage that this occasion brings, there are also some traditional games and activities (plus modern ones) to be participated in, including:
- Traditional dancing
- Local crafters
- Birds of prey
- Dog agility
- Laser clays
- Bouncy castle
In addition to this, the 2015 event includes a brand new Scotland and Scottish Borders Producers Food Court, in line with Scotland’s ‘Year of Food and Drink’.
With something for all of the family and a definite “change of scenery”, this is guaranteed to add a unique spin to your August Bank Holiday weekend!
- Book your place on our trip to Kelso for Massed Pipe Brands on 30th August 2015 – find out more and book online here.
Other Stanley Travel day trips taking place in August:
Please remember that times, dates and event availability may change. Check our website for the most up-to-date list of scheduled day trips and holidays.
- Saturday 1st August: Blackpool or Blackpool Pleasure Beach
- Wednesday 5th August: Alnwick Garden
- Wednesday 5th August: Alnwick Castle
- Saturday 8th August: Lightwater Valley
- Wednesday 12th August: Bamburgh & Seahouses
- Saturday 15th August: Whitby Regatta
- Wednesday 19th August: South Shields / Ocean Beach Pleasure Park
- Saturday 22nd August: Edinburgh / Edinburgh Zoo
- Wednesday 26th August: Flamingo Land
- Saturday 29th August: Haverthwaite to Lakeside steam train, followed by a lake cruise on Windermere to Bowness
- Sunday 30th August: Massed Pipe Band Day at Floors Castle, Kelso
- Monday 31st August: Scarborough
For the latest update on all of our August day trips please visit the website.