That elusive winter wedding setting of a sprinkle or snow, log fire and rich colours is a dream shared by many, but we can’t predict the weather!
However, that doesn’t stop so many couples hoping of a romantic winter wedding with all of the warmth of fire and cosy manor houses, while the snow continues to flurry outside.
We have taken a look at some amazing winter wedding inspiration, including themes, colours, décor and accessories!
Winter Wedding Inspiration
Themes and Colours
Colour schemes and themes are often the first port of call for a bride-to-be, with popular winter ones being:
- Sparkle elements like crystal snowflakes are favoured for winter weddings
- Dusty pink gives an alternative to shades of blue
- Teal is popular when used with variants of white, cream and grey
- Go neutral and opt for a mix of gold, champagne, tan and white – great for art deco themes
- Navy is forever a part of winter weddings, it remains trendy and pops when paired with other colours
More theme and colour inspiration can be found here.
It’s time to choose winter flowers – think red roses, amaryllis and cala lilies – and of course berries are a huge part of winter. Why not combine berry colours into your bridesmaid dresses and table settings? Consider the warmth of that luscious berry colour, and add them to your flowers and centrepieces – carefully curated branch and berry combinations work great as décor pieces.
Acorns and winter leaves can be great extras to a table, as well!
Winter equals layers
Whether you incorporate layers into the style of fur coats or throws or your bridesmaids, or add thick, sequined table cloths to your tables, layers can be woven into your wedding in a fun and cosy way. Don’t forget that you can still have a stunning wedding dress and keep warm, but opting for a long-sleeved gown.
Why end the theme at the wedding?
If you’re not dreaming of a sun-filled wedding abroad, why not continue the theme to your honeymoon? Rent a log cabin or stay in Aspen – the perfect way to begin wedded bliss, with a winter theme!
Considering Stanley Travel as your wedding transportation provider?
We provide Mercedes and Range Rover vehicles, dressed in ribbons and bows, for the bride, father of the bride and bride & groom. You can also be sure that your guests arrive safely and in comfort, with our executive coaches for the remainder of the wedding party, with coaches ranging from 16-72 seats.
If you would like to contact us about your specific requirements for wedding transportation, don’t hesitate to get in touch by calling 01207 237 424.
- Stanley Travel provides executive vehicles for various events and aims to cater to your specific requirements, so whatever the query, don’t be afraid to ask on 01207 237 424.