We have an excellent reputation as a school transport provider, with many educational establishments – including schools, colleges and universities – using our coaches for the general school run, field trips and educational visits too.
Why should you choose us to provide safe transport for your pupils?
We are a long-standing provider of educational transport, including local trips and long distance journeys and we know what schools expect of a travel company.
Established in 1961, our company has grown into one of the largest employers in the County Durham area and enjoys a great relationship with many businesses, organisations and even, members of the general public. Remaining in the hands of the same family, being passed through the generations, Stanley Travel has continued to expand and improve, with 2014’s acceptance into the Guild of British Coach Operators, not to be sniffed at.
Our vehicles are regularly inspected to ensure safe travel for all customers and, on top of that, all of our coaches are also independently audited by CoachMarque, so you know that your students as safe as can be.
To fit in with rigorous testing, we supply our regular operator license details and insurance documentation to the Transport Monitoring Officers and we can also supply you with such information, on request.
This documentation confirms we are appropriately licensed and that we operate within the guidelines set by VOSA who regulate the standards of maintenance and drivers’ hours compliance.
Our driving staff are all checked by the Criminal Records Bureau to an enhanced level and every three months their driving licences are independently verified by a third party agency,
What happens if there is a breakdown, or worse, an accident?
Stanley Travel has 24 hour contingency plans in the event of such an incident and we will ensure the safety of your students at all times.
Our safe service
- All vehicles used by schools, colleges and universities are fitted with seat belts
- Our coaches are presented in a clean and safe condition on every journey
- Stanley Travel has a 24 hour point of booking contact number for any concerns or queries
- There is an effective and robust complaints procedure available – contact our enquiry line (below) for more information
- Drivers wear a company uniform making them easily identifiable to teachers, parents and students for your peace of mind
- Stanley Travel has a written health and safety policy and risk assessment that is available to schools on request
- Interested in finding out more about our school transport services? Call 01207 237 424 for more information on our systems of care and procedures for educational transport. Read more here.
- NEW FOR 2015: Book our day trips and holidays online for the FIRST TIME, including secure log-ins and various payment methods. Book now!