Established in 1961, we have been offering coach services to schools, colleges and universities for more than 50 years.
Our reputable name and lengthy experience as a provider of school transport means that our school/college/university-designated fleet of vehicles remain a perfect match for the requirements long distance and local trips. We continue to rigorously inspect our vehicles to ensure they are safe for all of our travellers and with our vehicles independently audited by CoachMarque, you can be secure in the knowledge that we are a reliable coach provider.
With ever-congested roads and the lengthening process of organising school transport, we currently undertake a huge proportion of the home-to-school contract journeys for Durham County Council and similar LEAs.
To fit in with our rigorous testing, we supply regular operator licence details and insurance documentation to the Transport Monitoring Officers and we can provide such information, on request, for your peace of mind. This documentation confirms we are correctly licensed and operate within the guidelines set by VOSA who regulate the standards of maintenance and drivers’ hours compliance. All of our driving staff are checked by the Criminal Records Bureau to an enhanced level and all of our drivers have their driving licenses independently verified by a third party agency at least every three months.
Stanley Travel has 24 hour contingency plans in place in the event of breakdown
The above explanation is just the standard level of care, as a company who prides itself on a safe service, we additionally offer the following:
• All vehicles used by schools, colleges and universities are fitted with seat belts
• Our coaches are presented in a clean and safe condition on every journey
• Stanley Travel has a 24 hour point of booking contact number for any concerns or queries
• There is an effective and robust complaints procedure available –
contact our enquiry line (below) for more information
• Drivers wear a company uniform making them easily identifiable to teachers,
parents and students for your peace of mind
• Stanley Travel has a written health and safety policy and risk assessment that is available to schools on request
Don’t hesitate to contact our General Office on (01207) 237 424, for more
information on any of our procedures or system of care when it comes to school/college/university transport.