The Best of the North East’s November 5th Bonfire Displays
With lots of us looking to enjoy the 2015 Bonfire Night festivities in a safe and enjoyable environment, we have compiled this list of some of our region’s most popular events.
Please take care to follow basic rules should you be celebrating Bonfire Night on your own [Source: Fireworks.co.uk]:
- Keep fireworks in a closed box
- Follow the instructions on each firework
- Light all fireworks at arm’s length
- Stand well back from fireworks
- Never go back to a lit firework
- Never put fireworks in your pocket
- Never throw fireworks
- Keep pets indoors during bonfire night (further guidance is also advised for those with pets)
- Always supervise children with sparklers
- Teach children to hold the sparkler at arm’s length, but not near anyone else
- Sparklers are not for those under five years old
- Have a container of water handy, big enough for the spent sparkler. Dump the sparkler in it as soon as it goes out.
Below are all popular and organised Bonfire Night displays for the public:
Hardwick Hall Hotel, Sedgefield, County Durham
‘Firework Extravaganza’ at Hardwick Hall is guaranteed to results in whoops and cheers with their event taking place in the grounds of the hotel.
Date / Time: Thursday 5th November 2015 – Entry at 6pm, Fireworks due to start at 7pm
Pricing: Adults – £4.00 / Children – Free entry
Event Link: Via the official Hardwick Hall website
Ashbrooke Cricket Club, West Lawn, Sunderland
Date / Time: Thursday 5th November 2015 – 6pm – 7:30pm
Pricing: Ticket required (no further details released to date)
Information: Via Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service website
Cross Lanes Bonfire Night, Barnard Castle
Fireworks set off to music by NES PYRO, with refreshments, bonfire and fireworks and free shuttle buses from Barnard Castle to the site.
Date / Time: Thursday 5th November 2015 – Gates open at 6pm, bonfire at 6:30pm and fireworks lit from 7pm
Pricing: Advance tickets from £4 (child) and tickets available on gate from £4.50 (child) – see flyer for all ticket prices
Event Link: Via the Cross Lanes Organic Farm website
Blue Flames Fireworks Display, Benton, Newcastle
Includes fairground rides, stalls, hot food and bar.
Date / Time: Thursday 5th November 2015 – Gates open at 5:30pn and display due to start at 7pm
Pricing: Adult £3.50 / Child £2.50
Event Link: Via the Blue Flames website
Stockton Fireworks, Stockton
This year’s annual free event in Stockton has a sci-fi twist, with a special BBC Tees radio roadshow, fair and other activities to kick off the evening!
Date / Time: Thursday 5th November 2015 – 6pm – 8pm
Pricing: Free entry
Event Link: Via the Stockton Council website
- Browse Stanley Travel’s range of day trips and holidays online or call 01207 237 424 for more details from our team who will be happy to help!
Newcastle taxis provides safe vehicles and dedicated staff for all of our taxi as well as north east day trips services, we hope this guarantees you a secure and enjoyable journey with Stanley Travel.