We were thrilled to be announced as the latest member of just 23 coach operators who make up the Guild of British Coach Operators in 2014, but why does it matter to you…?
The Guild of British Coach Operators is an association of top quality coach companies dedicated to providing customers with a first class service.
Not just any coach operator can become a part of the Guild, with a rigorous 44-point quality standards checklist to maintain and independent audits carried out. Coach companies must score a 100% pass on the quality standards checklist before being accepted into membership and thereafter are continually audited.
Guild members must have [source]:
- Honest and explicit descriptions of coaches
- An efficient booking and sales process
- Written confirmation of bookings and hire terms
- Effective maintenance procedures that exceed industry standards
- Clean and well-presented coaches
- Drivers who are professionally trained and tested
- Operations conducted in an environmentally sensitive manner
For Stanley Travel it was a huge honour to be one of the 23 members of this prestigious group and to be the only coach operator based right her in the North East that is a part of the Guild is a fantastic achievement!
However, you want to know what exactly you’re getting, thanks to our Guild membership! To be a part of the Guild we have to provide you with:
- Punctual pick up
- A fully functional coach
- 24 hour emergency back-up
- Courtesy and a prompt reply to enquiries
- Concise terms of hiring in writing
- Written confirmation of bookings
- Uniformed drivers
- A recognised complaints procedure
- Waiver of one day’s hire charge for any coach delayed for more than one hour by mechanical defect
Discover more about our awards, safety records and achievements to date or talk about your recent trip with us, by following us and tweeting with @stanley_travel!
- Read more about the Guild of British Coach Operators, the strict assessments and all 23 members – including us – by visiting their official website.
- Find out about prices and details for our holidays and day trips, by picking up one of our brochures or calling 0107 2374224 for enquires and to book.
- NEW FOR 2015: Book our day trips and holidays online for the FIRST TIME, including secure log-ins and various payment methods. Book now!